There are staples to every woman’s wardrobe that will never go out of style, they may get worn out due to wear and need to be replaced but not go out of style. I love a sale, there are very few purchases that I will make if something is not on sale. I am a believer that there are some things that you should spend a little more on and it will benefit you in the long run. Fashion trends come and go and I have a hard time spending a large amount of money on something that will not be in style the next year. So I scour the internet looking for sales and I don’t know about you but it makes me feel great when I can score a big sale!
This site uses affiliate links, which means a commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. All content and images on this site are protected and may not be reused without written permission from the author.
Top ten items that every woman should have in their closet!
- Classic white shirt, t-shirt, button-up, and tank. Let’s face it, the classic white shirt can be worn in so many ways. It can be dressed up or down depending on what the occasion is. You can wear them with jeans, dress pants, shorts, just about anything. You can add a blazer, sweater, jacket, or kimono to
change the look.
2. Little black dress, if you have a classic black dress it will never go out of style, you will be able to dress it up or down depending on the occasion. I prefer a sleeveless black dress and if it is cool out you can always add a shawl or cape.
3. Classic denim jacket, the denim jacket originated in 1880 by Levi Strauss and has been going strong ever since! This is an item you can purchase and keep in your closet for a very long time and enjoy wearing.
4. White casual sneaker, a bright white pain of sneakers can be worn with just about anything and will last the test of time as far as trends go. I have just seen Tretorns making a comeback from back in the day! The white sneaker can be worn with pretty much anything depending on the look you are going for, jeans, leggings, skirts, or shorts.
5. Black leggings are great for either working out, running errands, or just a lazy day at home. When you find the perfect pair everyone knows you buy several pairs, it’s a staple!
6. Blue jeans, every woman knows that it is hard to find a pair of jeans that fit well and when you do
you try to hold onto them as long as you can. It is almost as painful as trying on a bathing suit. There are a lot of expensive brands of jeans and I don’t necessarily believe the more expensive they are the better they are. If you find jeans that fit well no matter the brand that is the brand for you! I think a good style to keep that will last over time is a straight leg, skinny and wide-leg go in and out of style.
7. Classic trench coat, a khaki trench coat will stand the test of time and is a great addition to your wardrobe.
It can be worn when it rains and also on cool days in the fall and spring. For us that live in the south, we can wear it most days throughout the winter too! I recently found a great one on sale at Coach!
8. Tote bag, a quality tote bag is needed for so many things. It can be used for work, travel, or just on days when you need to carry extra things with you. I love pink and have a Kate Spade pink tote that I carry to work with me.
9. Black blazer, I know it may sound “old fashioned” to have a black blazer but trust me, it is not. Keep
one in your closet and you can wear it in many different ways. I have worn mine with jeans before and heels to dress up just a little for an occasion that wasn’t formal and wasn’t extremely casual either. It is a nice look. You can always wear it with black dress pants also when needed for a job interview, among other things.
10. Black pumps, every woman needs a quality pair of black heels. I have a pair of kitten heels that are
my favorite that can be worn with jeans or with a dress/skirt. I think this is something that you should not save money on because comfort is very important when it comes to heels. Well, unless you find a great sale!
Leave a Reply