As much as I hate to admit it, summer is over, and fall is here! Summer can be stressful on our hair. We can put it through the wringer sometimes! Well, unless you took me up on my summer hair tips! I am here to help you transition over seasons and help you have your hair look as amazing as your fall outfits!
What is your main concern going into fall? Is your hair dry, brittle, thinning? Are you trying to grow it out longer? Going back a little darker? I have you covered! As always, everyone’s hair is different so I like to do a personal consultation so we can get you on a personalized plan that best suits you, but this will cover a great range of general problems. Click here if you would like to do a consultation. It’s quick and easy! A few questions and there is never a commitment for doing to consult.
This site uses affiliate links, which means a commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. All content and images on this site are protected and may not be reused without written permission from the author.
Let’s begin with dry and brittle hair from the summer!
Help your dry & brittle hair without products:
• The best thing you can do for your hair is to be kind to it! Being gentle goes a long way. Always comb or brush out tangles from the bottom up. Please don’t rip through your hair from the top down. This will cause breakage.
• Go longer between shampoos. Over shampooing can dry out your scalp and cause your hair to feel more “dry & brittle”. Believe it or not sometimes when you shampoo too often you may think you have an oily scalp when really you do not. Your scalp overcompensates because it starts to get dry so it overproduces oil.
• Try laying off the hot tools. Heat can sometimes make your hair feel dry and brittle, especially high heat. Check out my prior blog post about what the perfect heat setting is for your type of hair!
• When you get out of the shower from shampooing try using a microfiber wrap. They are a little gentler on your hair than a towel. Also please don’t rub your hair to dry it, the friction can cause breakage. (Goes back to the being nice to your hair)
Help your dry & brittle hair with products:
Are you using a hair masque routinely? If not, I highly recommend it. We have several different ones that fit different needs. A hair masque can help replenish the hair’s moisture and help to put hydration back into the hair. Everyone is different, they can be used anywhere from 1-3 times per week.
Monat recently launched a Damage Repair Line, and it is fabulous! If you feel like your hair is damaged from summer or just damaged, you need this line. What are the benefits of this line?
- Strengthen & repair damaged hair
- Penetrates ALL 3 layers of the hair strands
- Protects hair from heat styling
- Repairs the hair bonds, improving elasticity
- Benefits continue up to 7 days per wash
- Helps moisturize & combat dryness
- Reduces frizz by 79% in high humidity
- Protects UV damage (from the sun)
- Enhances shine while decreasing tangles
- Helps to preserve natural pigmentation & hair color
- Reduces friction.
Our Rejuveniqe Oil is a great option to use as an overnight treatment 1-2 times per week. A blend of 13+ Natural Plant and Essential Oils rich in omega fatty acids, antioxidants, and nutrients highly compatible with the skin and hair. It is proprietary to Monat.
Using hair treatments prior to styling your hair will work wonders! Using the right products for your hair needs will transform your hair, the way it feels and looks. We have a few that work great for damaged hair: Rejuvabeads Split End Mender, Frizz Fix Smoothing Hair Treatment.
Thinning Hair or trying to grow it longer?
I like to give everyone a personalized consultation because everyone has different needs, and every product does not work the same way for everyone. We have a product called Intense Repair Treatment Spray that is an intense daily leave-in treatment for thinning hair that helps stimulate the scalp and boost the natural growth of thicker and fuller-looking hair while improving follicle strength. Its high intense blend of Red Clover Flower Extract, essential vitamins, and active nutrients help counteract the formation of DHT and reduce scalp inflammation.
My daughter had issues earlier this year with hair thinning due to medication use and we got her started on a personalized routine, she followed this routine and she had great results after 2 months of regular use.
Leave a Reply