Did you know that there are recommendations for what the maximum level of heat you should keep your hot tools at? It can also depend on your type of hair? To maintain healthy shiny hair, it is best to turn down the heat as low as possible and still be able to achieve the desired results!
Products can be your best friend when it comes to hot tools and protection. First, we are going to review the ideal maximum level of heat for your hair type. And then I will show you some great products that will protect your hair so you can maintain that shine and healthy hair!
This site uses affiliate links, which means a commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. All content and images on this site are protected and may not be reused without written permission from the author.
How hot is too hot?
*Always review the instructions of the hot tool that you are using!
Superfine hair and chemically treated hair that might have some damage
- Up to 260 degrees
- We need to be cautious and gentle with super fine and damaged hair. Sometimes we already have breakage and we do not want to increase the breakage any further.
- 260 to 350 (maximum) degrees
Average to Medium hair
- 350 to 400 (maximum) degrees
- Typically, this type of hair with style very easy.
Thick and coarse
- 400 to 450 (maximum) degrees
Let’s talk products!
Are you currently using a heat protectant on your hair when using hot tools? Your blow dryer is also considered a hot tool and your hair needs to be protected from that also! I always recommend trying to dry your hair on a lower setting, if possible, it takes a little more time, but your hair will have more shine and it will not damage your hair as much.
- Monat Blow Out Cream – this is my favorite product! Provides silicone-like performance, without silicone build-up, has low-to-medium heat protection, reduces styling time, restores softness and shine, provides a smooth, silky, sleek look to your style, prolongs the life of your blow-dry, great for all hair types.
- Monat Studio One Heat Protectant Spray – Provides high heat (450°F/232°C) and UV protection to prevent damage and breakage, a natural silicone alternative improves slip to reduce friction while styling, apply to wet or dry hair.
- Monat Thermal Protectant Styling Shield – Easy and pleasant to use, leaves hair looking healthy and shiny, improves manageability and smoothness, safe for color-treated hair, for all hair types and textures, allergy, and dermatology tested, hypoallergenic
Different products work better for different people, if you are interested in finding out what would work best for you please click here and we can get started with a personalized routine for you!
Leave a Reply