Do you feel like you are an organized person, or does it not bother you to have clutter lying around the house? Home organization can at times feel overwhelming and sometimes it can cause us to just end up doing nothing. It’s easy to procrastinate and say that you will do it another day. What if you just tackled one area at a time? I am sharing 5 of my favorite home organization finds that will make it easier for you.
I love to have my home organized; it makes me feel good! Does anyone else feel anxious with a cluttered space? You know the old saying, a place for everything, and everything in its place. Totally agree with this statement! Anyone else?
Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in.
Studies have shown that having a mess/clutter will lead to stress and anxiety. It is also shown that having your home or office organized can make you feel less irritable, more productive, less distracted, and able to process information better. Remember friends, small steps! We don’t have to do it all at once.
I struggled with this one. It was a tie between the sheet label bands and buying fabric boxes with see-through fronts. I ended up going with the sheet label bands and am happy that I did. Where have they been all my life?!
The trick is figuring out how to fold the fitted sheet, Lol! Seriously though you can put the entire set together, flat and fitted sheet, and pillowcases and wrap the band around it. You can see each set is for a twin, queen, or king. Genius! These can also be used on comforters and quilts.
If the bands aren’t your thing another choice is the fabric boxes with see-through fronts. You could even label these as well and they will look neat and tidy in the linen closet.
Cosmetic Vanity Turntable
Do you have your skincare products laying all over your bathroom counter? That was me until found the 2-tier Lazy Susan for my skincare products! I love it, it is by mDesign and they have several different ones to choose from, even some with rhinestones! This one worked best for my needs. It is easy to clean and access everything on it.
Hang Your Measuring Spoons
What does your kitchen utensil drawer look like? I know they can quickly get out of control! I decided to hang my measuring spoons up on the inside of my kitchen cabinet with Command Strips. It is so easy to which measurement that I need and grab it, no digging around in the drawer!
Pantry Can Holder
Not long after we moved into our home in South Carolina I knew that I needed to organize the pantry a little. What a blessing that I have such a spacious pantry, but it can make it that much easier to get out of control.
I bought several of these can holders to help organize them. I tend to buy a few of the same thing, you know chicken broth, soups, or tomato sauce and you can line them all up on these so cleanly! Highly recommend!
Water Bottle Holder
Raise your hand if you have a ton of refillable water bottles or coffee tumblers? They seem to multiply before my eyes! I discovered these bottle holders on Amazon and love them. They keep your bottles organized and easily accessible.
I have clear ones, but they do have several different options available to choose from. You can see all the different options here.
Tips For Home Organizing
- When was the last time you used it? – If you haven’t looked at it or used it in the last year, get rid of it!
- It’s all in the folding – when it comes to towels and sheets folding them in a uniform way is not only aesthetically pleasing but it helps everything to fit well. Want to know how to fold that fitted sheet? WikiHow has instructions here!
- Label maker – Does a label make you smile as much as it does me? If you like to be organized, this is a must!
- Take an inventory of what you have – It is always a good idea prior to buying any storage bins or organizers to pull everything out and take an inventory of what you have and what you need to group together.
- Measure twice – You know, what all great carpenters do! Measure twice! Prior to buying anything make sure you measure the space to make sure it will fit. Granted you can typically return most everything but if you are like me, it is a lot of trouble to return things. Especially if you bought it online!
So, which one of these is your favorite that I shared with you? If you have any ideas that you would like to share, please do so in the comments!