I love it when you walk into someone’s house, and it smells good! Not an overpowering fragrance but just a hint of something nice. And I think we have all been on the other side, walking into a home that doesn’t smell so great! You don’t want to be that house! Today, I am sharing the best home fragrance diffuser that I have found and why I love it.
I am a migraine sufferer and cannot walk into those perfume stores in the mall or I get a migraine. They also can be triggered if I am around someone that is wearing a very strong scented perfume. But I do love a mild fragrance in our home. Not to cover up anything but it just gives a calming feeling.
This site uses affiliate links, which means a commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. All content and images on this site are protected and may not be reused without written permission from the author.
My Favorite Home Fragrance
I searched for a while for a home fragrance. I wanted something that was safe, I could control the level and didn’t lose the scent after time. We ended up going with Pura. There are many reasons why I love this system but there are two main reasons. The Pura allows great control, and the oils are pet safe. This is not a sponsored post, I wanted to share my honest opinion with you on the Pura diffuser.
Things I love about Pura
- The diffuser holds two fragrances so you can alternate the scents if you want to. This helps with “getting used to the fragrance”. I know that sometimes we can get used to the smell of our home fragrance, we don’t smell it anymore, but other people can. This feature helps to eliminate this.
- It has an app that you can control your diffuser with. You can come up with a schedule for your individual scents. Down to the hours you want it to come on and the days of the week. It also has an away mode that you can use if you want to turn it off without pulling the diffuser out of the plug.
- You can adjust the strength of the scent. You can increase the intensity if you want a stronger scent. Or if you have a smaller room that you are using it in, you can turn the intensity down.
- It also has a nightlight feature on the diffuser. You can also control when this is on or off. Along with controlling its brightness.
I only have one complaint with the Pura diffuser. It “keeps track” of the fragrance usage and tells you when it is time to replace the fragrance. It isn’t really accurate because it bases the level off of the time run. How many hours it has been running and doesn’t factor in the intensity that you have yours set to. So, I just check mine to make sure they are empty before replacing them. Most times I get a few extra weeks out of them because I have mine set to a low intensity of releasing the fragrance.
Caution If You Have Pets
Some essential oils can be dangerous to your pets. One of the problems that arise is when you have oil in a diffuser it is “diffusing” the oil out into the air. Small droplets fall on the floor and your pets walk on it. They lick their paws and ingest the oil. Depending on the type of oil and concentration level it can be very dangerous for your pet.
Cats and dogs do not metabolize essential oils as we do. That is part of the reason it makes it so toxic for them. Cats lack an enzyme in the liver that helps to break down essential oils. In both cats and dogs, they can sometimes cause corrosive burns to the gastrointestinal tract if ingested. And don’t forget that pets have a much stronger sense of smell than we do!
Common essential oils that are toxic to dogs:
- Sweet Birch
- Tea Tree
- Ylang Ylang
The Pura diffuser and fragrances state they are safe for both kids and pets. Their fragrances are created without acetaldehyde, dichlorobenzene, ethyl hexanol, formaldehyde, GMOs, methyl pyrrolidone, parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, styrene, or animal testing. You can read more about their “Product Promise” here.
Popular Essential Oil Aromatherapy & Benefits
Essential oils and the benefit of their fragrance has been talked about for a long time now. These fragrances and benefits don’t always work for everyone but here are a few scents and what they target. I know a lot of people use essential oils for cleaning, we did a blog post, The 5 Most Forgotten Areas When Cleaning Your Home that you might want to read. You can read that here.
- Sandalwood – Calm nerves and help with focus
- Peppermint – Boost energy
- Lavender – Relieve stress
- Rose – Improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Lemon – Helps with mood and headaches
- Grapefruit – Helps with stress and anxiety
- Cedarwood – Helps to calm nerves and anxiety
- Cinnamon – Supports immune health
- Eucalyptus – Energizing and mentally stimulating
If you are looking for a home fragrance diffuser that gives you some control, Pura is a great choice! If you click here, you will receive $12 off your first order over $50.
I hope you found my review of the Pura diffuser helpful. If you have any home fragrance that you love and want to share, put it below in the comments. Also, any of your favorite scents.