Do you find it as satisfying as I do to have your life organized? I don’t think it matters whether we have a large or small purse if it’s not organized well everything that we put into it will go into the endless pit never to be seen again! I am sharing a few ideas on how you can organize your purse and avoid the endless abyss that we have had for so many years!
Have you ever been that person in the store, digging through your purse looking for your receipt, keys, or a pen all while people are just looking at you like you are a mess?! I have and I do not like that feeling so now I try to go out of my way to be organized and have everything that I need! Whether it is my home or my purse, everything has a home! I have to keep an eye on my husband at home because he has a habit of stashing things wherever never to be seen again! Lol!
Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in.
I have always called a purse- a purse but I know some people like to call them handbags. Most people in the US use the term purse also. I have also heard the term pocketbook, but I am not even going to go there! Lol! If we want to get technical there is a difference between the two!
typically, is smaller in size and only holds essential items.
is roomier in size and carries more things. This is also a more “fashion-forward” term that is used.
Steps to purse organization
- Pull everything out of your purse, decide what to keep and what to get rid of. Make 3 piles, one for trash, one to keep, and the other for things that don’t belong in your purse. If you are having trouble (which I often do, I think I need it all) look at the item and decide if you have used it in the past month. If not, it doesn’t belong in your purse.
- Decide what type of organizers you want to use. I am going to go over several different ones later in this post. Once you have decided what you want to keep and get rid of it will make it easier to decide what type of organizer to buy.
- Group together what things are most important to you that should be most accessible. Our goal is to make almost everything accessible, but some things will have to take top priority depending on how large your purse is.
What type of purse organizer should I buy?
These are things that you will want to consider after you have gone through your purse and decided what to keep and what to get rid of.
- How durable, what type of material do I want? Ask yourself, do I want to be able to throw it in the washing machine if I need to? Wipe it with a sanitizer wipe? Spray with a disinfectant? Do I want something disposable?
- How large is my bag? Am I going to need several separate organizers or one large one with several pockets? Should I get clear organizers or some with labels already written on them?
Below are some of my top picks of purse organizers.
I have the tan felt organizers currently for my tote bag. They work well for what I need them to do. There are so many options, if you go with the clear pouches you can always label them yourself and it makes it nice to be able to see clearly what is in them!
As I was writing the post I was brought back to memories of my teens and one of my favorite purses although I believe they are called retro now! Do you remember the purses with the wood handles, and you could buy different covers for them? I found this one from Mark & Graham…I just might have to get one! Did y’all have one of these?
I hope you found this helpful and you can take away some ideas that will help you organize your purse or handbag! Please share below any ideas that you might have that I did not share because we are all in this together!
I have also included a FREE printable: What’s in your purse game. Just click the link below to download it and use it at your next party or shower!