We should be nice to our skin. I mean it’s the only one we have and it’s the first thing people see when we meet them, right? Did you know that your skin changes with age? Just because you had oily skin as a teen or in your 20s doesn’t mean you still do in your 40s or 50s. Today I am going to help you with the age-old question, what is your skin type?
I used to have very sensitive skin as a teenager. I remember using Ivory soap once and breaking out in a horrible rash. That was supposed to be one of the gentlest soaps on the market. My skin is no longer as sensitive, but I do get dry patches sometimes. Our skin can even change with the seasons depending on where you live. That’s why it’s always important to reevaluate. I did a blog post a while ago that you might find helpful; 5 Reasons You Might Be Breaking Out. You can read that here.
This site uses affiliate links, which means a commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. All content and images on this site are protected and may not be reused without written permission from the author.
Why Does It Matter What My Skin Type Is?
It is important that we know our skin type, so we know what skincare products to buy. We won’t achieve the maximum benefits from products if they are not right for our skin. If you would like help figuring out what products would work best for your skin type I would love to help you! Click here to start.
- Normal skin – If your skin has just a few blemishes, no major sensitivities, and pores that are hard to detect, this means that you have what’s known as normal skin
- Combination skin – Does the T-zone ring a bell for you? People with combination skin will have either dry or normal skin in some areas but, in their T-zone have oily skin. The T-zone is your nose, forehead, and chin area. Your pores may appear larger, have blackheads, and have shiny skin.
- Dry Skin – Does your skin often feel tight and at times flakey? People with dry skin will have almost invisible pores and a dull, rough complexion. Often you can have more visible lines.
- Oily skin – Do you struggle with blemishes? Or maybe does it seem like your face is always shiny? If you answered yes to these questions, you probably have oily skin. Your pores will also be enlarged.
- Sensitive skin – Are you someone that gets dry patches? Or maybe you have redness, itching, or burning in some spots on your face. Sometimes people with sensitive skin can seem to have a reaction to a lot of different products or are easily triggered by things they come into contact with.
Okay, now you have your skin type figured out that is half the battle! Finding skincare products that work well for your skin is so important. It will help with the aging process and keep your skin looking the best it can! I swear by Monat products, I have not used anything else for the past several years. Please reach out if you would like more information.
There are several other things we can do for our skin besides great products! I did a blog post that includes several of the ones I will include below. You can read it in more detail here. Some of those include:
- Using a daily sunscreen
- Stay hydrated
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Wash your pillowcase
- Clean your makeup brushes
- Stop touching your face
So, what is your skin type? Are you still having trouble deciding? If you are please feel free to send me an email and I would love to help you figure it out. firstname.lastname@example.org Or you can always fill out a consultation form that goes through several pointed questions to find this out. Click here to do that.
I hope today’s post helped today. Please share in the comments below your thoughts and make sure you subscribe. Has your skin type changed over the years? Mine has!